Friday, June 27, 2008

Disappointment


Unhappiness caused by the failure of one’s hopes, desires, or expectations:

The feeling that has overwhelmed me yesterday.

Alexander Pope once said “Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed” How do you not expect? When there are only expectations left. How do you look at the future with un-dreaming eyes? Eyes for which disappointment is not disappointing.

TTC messes with your mind and puts you on a rollercoaster of emotions that sometimes makes you feel like the shoulder harness malfunctioned and you’re just hanging on by the edge of your fingertips which are slowly losing their grip.

Well I might be disappointed, but. Disappointment won’t shake me and heartache won’t break me.

Today is a new day full of hopes, dreams and desires. Am I setting myself up for yet another disappointment.

Well I will just have to wait and see…

Posted by bottonz on November 11th, 2006 Photo: http://www.allposters.com/

No comments: