Monday, November 3, 2008

Being disagreeable

“Yes, we are all different. Different customs, different foods, different mannerisms, different languages, but not so different that we cannot get along with one another. If we will disagree without being disagreeable.” J. Martin Kohe quotes

Mannerism is like a house with out décor, a shop with out any products, life would be comparatively less spicy without it. Mannerism helps us choose our friends and the people we would like to be associated with. Which bring me to the point of this post.

On an online community for example, there are tons of women ( or people ) each with their own mannerisms and not all of them click. Although I hate the word click ‘cause it sounds so clickey. Let’s rephrase. Different individuals with their own peculiarity of actions and/or manner of speech. They are bound to rub each other the wrong way. All of us have potentially irritating mannerisms which are likely to be exacerbated under stress for example

We also tend to adopt other people’s mannerism to fit and/or to be apart of something. Because lets face it everyone wants to be accepted. May it be a word or a phrase or a quirk or a gesture. Most of these makes us who we are. Some people mannerism can scare you off from the word go and others will be way more inviting.

So to all my online friends, I am a mediator, I never take sides, except if you are my BFF which doesn’t somme happen. All I want to say is, next time before hitting that damn submit button, think twice, your mannerism may be irritating the kak out of someone else. Don’t take people to seriously, life can’t always be that serious especially on the internet where you go to take a load off and relax

I can go on, but bottom line: I love my online friends.
And their mannerisms too. Even though they don't define them, or even come close to being WHO they are, they definitely make them unique.

No comments: